Industrial Used Robots
Our company work with you to make sure that you have the correct robot for your industrial used robots. Therefore, the two main considerations for selecting the industrial used robots will be payload and working envelope.
Robot payload is the weight a robot arm can lift including the weight of the end of arm tooling and the working envelope or work area is the reaching space, therefore there are some factors of a robot’s design (configurations, axes or degrees of freedom) influence its working envelope.
There are strict procedures to certify industrial used robots:
- Clean, prepare and paint used robot with a 2-part epoxy paint.
- Check backlash and repeatability of all axes to re certify to the original specifications.
- Replace any components that don’t meet the specifications including gear boxes, motors and cables.
- Conduct a full preventative maintenance check, changing grease and controller batteries.
- Load controller with the latest software revision available for the particular controller and update with a base software package depending on the clients specifications or applications.
- Add any other software options including vision, rail or turntable
- Perform an eight-hour runoff at full payload to ensure that the robot is working properly
When purchasing the industrial used robots, you need to consider the following:
- A robot and its controller
- Replace some components in the controller such as a servo amplifier
- Hours of operation for a robot are not necessarily the same as the robot wear and tear.
- Another element to consider is how to program the robot, i.e. how smoothly the robot performed in its previous application.
- It is important to confirm whether or when the robot’s motors/gear boxes were changed, because the motors and gear boxes are typically the most expensive components that will fail on a robot, starting with the wrist (least expensive) to axis one, or base gearbox and drive motor (most expensive and time consuming to replace).
- In addition, don’t assume that your used robot will automatically come with the End-of-Arm tooling. We can provide and help you to find a suitable tooling according to your specific applications